



I can't believe we're only 3 weeks out from meeting our son or daughter - I cannot express how EXCITED I am!!! I think of all the special moments ahead and it's just going to be so amazing - for one, not knowing "who" is arriving is undoubtedly the biggest surprise either of us have ever had in our life and second, the most amazing moment of our lives, so far, is just around the corner and we just have to wait! Surreal seems to be a good description of this whole experience.
As far as updates go - let's see, I had several Dr.'s appts. the last few weeks. I had a Dr.'s appt. at 34 weeks and baby's heartbeat was in the 150's. We went on the maternity tour at Fairfax INOVA and it was awesome seeing the nursery and how tiny the little babies are - that's when I personally got REALLY excited =) I had my fabulous baby shower which I wrote about below. I celebrated my 32nd birthday (interesting note: both Mike's Mom and my Mom were 32 when they had us). I went to a baby care class - which was informative. Had another Dr.'s appt. at 35 weeks and didn't get to hear the baby's heartbeat that visit, but baby was doing well. We had a wonderful 4th of July and we finished the nursery!!!!!! I LOVE to go in there and sit now - in the morning, in the middle of the night - it's just awesome, Mike truly knocked himself out on the room - it's incredible (as you can see from the pictures)! Just a couple extra personalization touches to add once baby arrrives. I had my 36 week appt. a few days ago with Mike and baby was doing great, his/her head was down and the heartbeat was 154. Then yesterday I took a breastfeeding class which helped prepare me a bit for what’s ahead.
As far as future updates go - I guess the next one will either be a 40 week update OR a birth announcement update! Until then.....=)


No comments:
Post a Comment